A coroner has ruled that singer Aaron Carter died in a bathtub as a result of sedatives and inhalants.
A coroner's report indicated Tuesday that singer and rapper Aaron Carter drowned in his bathtub as a result of sedatives he'd taken and gas used in spray cleansers he'
Carter, the younger brother of Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter, was found dead in his bathtub at his house in Lancaster,
California, on Nov. 5, according to an autopsy report from the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner.
According to a police report included in the postmortem findings, sheriff's officers were the last persons to see Carter alive when they
arrived at his house at 2 a.m. on Nov. 4 for a welfare check after he was seen and heard "huffing" an inhalant on an Instagram live video.
He requested that the deputies leave, and they did. The drug alprazolam, popularly sold under the brand name Xanax, was discovered in his system,
as was the compressed gas difluoroethane, which the report describes as "a gas commonly used as a propellant in air spray cleaners,"
and "can induce feelings of euphoria when inhaled." According to the investigation, the two narcotics rendered him unconscious in the tub, causing him to drown.
CHECK OUT TRENDING STORIES